1) This competition entitled “Cult Pens Children’s Competition” (the "Competition") is organised by The SQL Workshop Limited (company number: 02676287) whose trading name is “Cult Pens” and whose registered office address is Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 3RX (the “Promoter”).
2) By entering this Competition, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Competition terms and conditions set out herein (these “Terms”) without modification, and you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. By entering the Competition, you acknowledge that you have read, accepted and are bound by these Terms. This is the case notwithstanding any subsequent acknowledgement by you of these Terms.
3) Competition Period: The competition shall open at midday on 7th July 2021 and shall close at 5pm on Monday 26th July 2021. Entries received after this date and time shall not be considered for entry under any circumstances.
4) By entering this Competition, you agree that the Promoter may display your Work (defined below) on its official website www.cultpens.com, in its newsletter or official facebook, Instagram and twitter social media pages. Any such Works to be displayed will be selected at the Promoter’s full and sole discretion and may be removed without notice or reason. If you do not wish for your Work to be displayed, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible.
5) The Competition is open to parents and guardians on behalf of children aged four (4) to seventeen (17) inclusive, and individuals aged eighteen (18) (the “Entrant”). Entries are permitted from all geographical locations.
6) The Promoter assumes that by entering the Competition (and you warrant that) the Entrant is the parent or guardian of a child age four (4) to seventeen (17), or is aged eighteen (18).
7) Only one entry per Entrant is permitted.
8) Entrants must provide a valid contact method to enable notification if they are a winner. This prize draw is not open to employees or contractors of the Promoter or WH Smith High Street Limited, their immediate families, or to any other person connected with the Competition.
9) An Entrant may enter the Competition by submitting a piece of artwork, that either they or, if they are a parent or guardian to a child aged four (4) – seventeen (17), their child has prepared under the theme ‘A Postcard from Where I Live’
The submitted entry (the “Work”) can be created in any media eg pencil, watercolour, oils and must have been produced in the last year.
To enter, an Entrant must upload a good quality digital photograph of the Artwork, which hasn’t been manipulated or otherwise artificially or digitally enhanced by the Entrant, to the entry form and complete the competition entry form here.
11) Work that does not fit within the Entry Criteria detailed herein will not be admissible. The Promoter shall retain full and sole discretion as to the admissibility or otherwise of any given work. The following are examples (without limitation) of inadmissible works:
a. Copies of original works;
b. Works that are in breach of any third party intellectual property rights such as copyright (or reasonably considered by the Promoter as actually or potentially infringing upon any such intellectual property rights)
c. Work that, in the reasonable view of the Promoter, is or may be deemed offensive; and/or
d. Work that, in the reasonable view of the Promoter, is likely to breach the Racial and Religious Hatred Act 2006.
12) In addition, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Work, where in the reasonable view of the Promoter:
a. The Work does not meet any of the entry criteria;
b. The Entrant cannot be contacted within 7 days of the Notification Date (as described in paragraph 21 below); or
c. The Entrant does not respond within 7 days of being contacted by the Company.
13) The judging panel shall consist of a panel from the Promoter. The judges shall be appointed by the Promoter in such number and of such qualification as it sees fit in its sole discretion. The judges’ decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into. All Works will be judged anonymously and there will be no segregation by country, genre or style etc.
14) The Entrant shall be responsible for all costs associated with creating the Work.
15) By completing the entry form and by providing any further information to the Company in relation to the competition, the Entrant warrants that all such information supplied is truthful, accurate, and not misleading or otherwise incomplete. Where it reasonably or justifiably appears to the company, that the Entrant is in breach of this warranty, or where the company understands or apprehends there to be a risk that the Entrant, has or will bring the competition or the company into disrepute, the company shall be entitled to take such steps as are necessary to conclude the Entrant’s involvement in the competition forthwith.
16) The Entrant confirms that, by entering the Competition, they hold all intellectual property rights in the work, and that they have obtained prior written approval for the use of any third party copyrighted material contained in the submitted work. For the avoidance of doubt, the Entrant hereby warrants that they own the copyright to the Work and further warrant that the Work contains no feature or aspect or material that constitutes a breach (or potential/anticipatory breach) of a third party’s intellectual property.
17) Works entered by the Entrants will be entered into the following age categories: age 4-11, and age 12-18 (together the “Age Categories”). All valid and correct Works will be entered into the Competition for a chance to win a prize. There will be first and second prizes and ten (10) runners up in each category (each a “Winner”).
In each Age Category, the prizes (each a “Prize”) shall be as follows:
a) First prize - £50 to spend on site at www.cultpens.com
b) Second prize - £25 to spend on site at www.cultpens.com
c) Runner up prize - Creative Bundle
19) The Prizes are non-transferable, not for resale and no cash alternative will be offered.
20) Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted. The decision of the Promoter on all matters is final.
21) The Company shall endeavour to notify the winners on or shortly after Monday 2nd August 2021 or such other date as the Company, at its absolute discretion, shall elect (the “Notification Date”).
22) The judges shall review all admissible entries within fourteen (14) working days after the closing date above to select the first and second place Winners in each age category. Each Winner will be notified by email and MUST respond by midnight within seven days of the date of contact, providing a valid postal address for the prize to be dispatched to. If a selected Winner does not meet all the entry conditions or refuses the Prize, the judges reserve the right to select another Work as a winning piece from the remaining eligible Works within a reasonable timeframe. In this situation, where a selected Winner has won the first place Prize and either does not meet the entry conditions or refuses the Prize, the second place Winner will receive the first place Prize instead. The Prize will be sent to the Winner by the Promoter within twenty-eight (28) days of receipt of the Winner’s response containing their dispatch address.
23) The Promoter will only use your email address and other personal information in compliance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (including any amended, equivalent or subsequent legislation) and will use, store or otherwise process any personal information that relates to and identifies you, including but not limited to your name, age, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and any other information collected on entry to this Competition, to the extent reasonably necessary to run this Competition, to contact entrants if necessary to notify the Winners, or to check eligibility requirements have been met, and will not be shared with other companies except to the extent necessary to provide the Prize. The Promoter will only process your personal information for the purposes described in these Terms and will not give your personal information to any third parties save as permitted in paragraph 21 below.
24) Your information may, for the purposes set out in these Terms, be disclosed for processing to: a) the Promoter’s employees, affiliates, group companies and their employees and successors in title to their businesses; b) third Party consultants, contractors or other service providers who may access your personal information when providing services (including but not limited to IT support services) to the Promoter; c) government bodies and law enforcement agencies and in response to other legal and regulatory requests; and d) auditors or contractors or other advisers auditing, assisting with or advising on any of our business purposes, in any jurisdiction where we operate.
25) By entering the Competition, Entrants give their consent to the Promoter to post the Work submitted by the Entrant on the Promoter’s website and/or Pinterest and/or Instagram accounts (each a “Platform”) and for the Promoter to publish the Entrant’s age, first name only and county location with their Work on their Platforms.
26) The Winner may be asked to participate in any publicity or promotion organised by the Promoter, which may include printing the Winner’s name (or first name and county) on the Cult Pens website, or other group promotional material. Copyright of all Work remains the property of the Entrant. Any enquiries for copyright will be referred to the Entrant. If any Winner does not consent to participate in any/all publicity or promotional activities, they should notify the Promoter without delay in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
27) By submitting any personal information to us you consent to the use of the information as set out in these Terms.
28) The Promoter may be required to terminate, amend or withdraw this Competition and/or these terms and conditions in exceptional circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
29) The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
30) These Terms and any disputes or claims arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contract disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with English Law